What is the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd?
“The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (COGS) (Montessori methodology in R.E) can now be found in parishes and schools in every continent of the world and has been adopted by the Missionaries of Charity in its work with children.
It is an immensely powerful method of faith formation of children aged 3-12yrs. It develops ‘contemplation’, as well as knowledge of the Judeo-Christian tradition, through the use of liturgy and the scriptures. There are 6 ‘atriums’ in various parishes in Sydney.
Invitation to a keynote dinner with an international speaker:
The Association of Catecheses of the Good Shepherd Australia is delighted to invite you to a keynote dinner with international guest speaker Rebekah Rojcewicz, Executive Member of the International Council of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
Our guest speaker is Rebekah Rojcewicz who will give an address entitled “The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd – A Gift to the Church at this Time”.
Date & Time: 30 June 2017 at 6:30pm for a 7:00pm start
Venue: Grand Pittwater Room, North Ryde RSL, Cnr Magdala & Pittwater Roads, North Ryde 2113
Cost per person: $60 for early bird before 11 June 2017. Thereafter, $70
To book: https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=256587
For more information, contact Angela Hague 0411 441 289 or email@example.com
People that might be interested in attending the dinner:
- Sacramental program coordinators (including baptism coordinators),
- Those involved with Children’s Liturgy of the Word
- Those involved with RCIC,
- Staff at local Catholic primary schools, especially the RE coordinator,
- Someone from the parish pastoral council, and
- parents of young children generally.
Further information about the COGS may be found by following these links;
- https://choicez.wistia.com/medias/1l3lmml4ps (video made in Canberra),
- https://www.catholicweekly.com.au/the-catechesis-of-the-good-shepherd-is-sydneys-hidden-gem/ (article in Catholic Weekly), and