Natural Family Planning (NFP)
NFP is the term given to methods for planning and preventing pregnancies by observation of the naturally occurring signs and symptoms of the fertile and infertile phases of the menstrual cycle, with avoidance of intercourse during the fertile phase if pregnancy is to be avoided.
- World Health Organisation 1982
How to Learn
Accredited educators provide professional instruction to couples. They provide regular support, especially during the learning phase so as the method chosen can be used effectively to achieve the desired goals.
Where to Learn
Confidential day/evening appointments for you and your Fiancé/Spouse are available through Natural Fertility, Diocese of Parramatta.
The Sympto-Thermal Method (STM) offers instruction remotely as well as face to face. Please use the booking system below to book your Billings, STM or Creighton Model FertiltiyCare System appointment or call/email Catherine for other appointment availabilities.
0400 427 605
Book an Appointment
Fertility Awareness Methods
All methods require couples to chart their symptoms daily. Your educator will help you interpret your charts at your follow-up appointments.
Billings Ovulation Method®
Used by millions of women around the world and successfully trialled by the World Health Organisation:
- It is a natural method where a couple are taught to recognise both the fertile patterns of cervical mucus and the infertile patterns of discharge which is unique to the Billings Ovulation Method.
- Can be used to assist in achieving or postponing a pregnancy. It helps you safeguard your reproductive health.
- It is reliable and able to be used throughout the woman's reproductive life.
* If your chart does not reflect a normal ovulatory pattern
for your life stage, your teacher will give you a referral
back to your doctor for further investigation.
The Sympto-Thermal Method
Relies on couples observing a number of signs of ovulation (multi-indicator approach):
- Cervical mucus indicating ovulation.
- Body temperature shifts after ovulation.
- Other useful indicators of fertility that are individual to each woman.
Creighton Model FertilityCare System™
Practitioners teach couples to observe cervical mucus to determine their time of fertility & infertility:
- Observe and record their mucus using a standardised system.
- This system monitors/detects reproductive disorders e.g. PCOS, PMS and infertility.
- Used in conjunction with NaPro (Natural Procreative) Technology for treatment of reproductive disorders and infertility.NaPro GPs aim to investigate and restore reproductive health.
* Comparable success rates to IVF for treating infertility.
For more information: FertilityCare Centres of Australia https://fccau.org/
Australasian Institute for Restorative Reproductive Medicine (AIRRM) https://www.airrm.org.au/